Data Day 2018!
Wednesday, May 30th 2018
Data Day is an opportunity for people who need data to connect with people who have data. Last year, more than 90 people came to: hear more than 20 ignite presentations; join six “unconference” sessions; participate in the Data Dream competition; and learn about new data that lead to the launch of our Health data User Group (HUG).
This year will bring the return of IGNITE presentations and the Data Dream contest. NEW will be the addition of some skill-building workshops, posters, and a focus on finding “bright spots” in the data. A “bright spot” is more than just a positive finding. The idea of bright spots comes from an approach pioneered in international public health and is often used in quality improvement programs in health care and other areas. It’s an intentional effort to use data to identify “positive deviance” and to learn from that to replicate and spread success.
At Data Day 2018, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from:
- Mayor Tom Barrett
- Dean Ronald Perez, Zilber School of Public Health
Dr. Magda Peck of MP3 Health, keynote comments “Make Data Sing- Leadership for a Change”
Nancy Olson, Chief Information Officer, City of Milwaukee Getting to know the City of Milwaukee’s new data portal skill builder
“Data to Engage and Empower” Panel, moderated by Tracy Wilson, Advancing a Heathier Wisconsin Endowment
Ian Bautista, Clarke Square Initiative
Danell Cross, Metcalfe Park Community Bridges
Britney Roberson, Dominican Center, Community Based Crime Reduction
Jonatan Zuniga, Layton Boulevard West Neighbors
- Diana Barany, Children’s Hospital, Screening Patients for Social Determinants
- Deborah Blanks, PhD
- Elizabeth Cizinsky, Scale up Milwaukee
- Anneliese Dickman, Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort and DYCU
- Laura Johnson, Milwaukee Succeeds
- John Johnson, Marquette University
- Cheryl Blue, 30th Street Corridor
- George Morris, Ascension Health
- Sarah Zarate, City of Milwaukee Health Department
Simone Smith of ACTS will present on the 2017 Data Dream project.
Celebrity Judges for the 2018 Data Dream applicants
- Erin Frederick, Zilber Family Foundation
- Joyce Mallory, Nonprofit Center
- Darlene Russell, Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- LaQuondra Shaw, Northwestern Mutual Foundation